Ladies and gents pack away your winter shoes and start airing those feet. Summer time is just around the corner and it’s time for them to breath.
I don’t know about you but when I am walking a short distance behind someone and they are wearing a shoe that exposes their heels, the first place my eyes fall upon is their heels.
There is nothing more embarrassing than having dry cracked heels and the unfortunate thing is you can’t hide it forever because the weather doesn’t allow you to. For many people, wearing open shoes is not their only problem but laying next their partner in bed with dry cracked heels that scratches them is.
Not many people know this, but dry cracked heels are caused by having naturally dry feet. It can also be caused by you not moisturising your feet on a regular basis, an unhealthy diet, standing for long periods of time on a hard surface, wearing the wrong type of shoes or even walking barefoot on hard surfaces.
In my opinion there is absolutely no excuse for dry cracked heels.
For every problem there is always a solution and here are some tips to get rid of those nasty looking feet and start turning them into soft and smooth looking feet.
- Take a footspar or a small tub and fill it with luke warm water
- Pour some liquid soap, bubble bath, Epsom salt or bath crystals into it
- Soak your feet in the water for about 20 minutes. This will not only relax your feet but it will soften your feet too and it will make it easier to use the premice stone or foot file
- Make sure that when you use the premice stone or foot file that you scrub your feet gently and not too hard to loosen those dead skin cells
- Put some foot scrub or facial scrub in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together and start scrubbing your feet to get any access dirt off your feet
- Rinse your feet with clean water
- Pat your feet dry by using a soft towel
- Apply some foot cream or Vaseline to your feet
- Lastly put on a clean pair of cotton sock
Please do not walk barefoot after you have done all of the above steps because it will defeat the purpose. The most important part of this procedure is that you keep your feet moist and by keeping your socks on you are doing just that.
Follow this remedy every day until your dry cracked feet are completely healed and your feet are feeling soft and smooth again.
We don’t always realise how important it is for us to take care of our feet. Our feet work extremely hard for us on a daily basis. We should take some time out and make the effort to say thank you to them. They deserve just as much attention as the rest of our body. After all they get us from one place to another. We should be grateful that we have them because there are many people out there who don’t have them or are not able to use them.
Stay true to yourself.
Silver Strappy Shoes: Mr price
Black Strappy Shoes: Legit
Photography done by Radcliffe Roelse